Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Are tween girls obsessed with being the best?

AllyKatzz tween girls say:


What are tween girls obsessed about? Mostly grades and pleasing their parents:

“I'm really not obsessed with being the best...but my parents want me to be. It's tough to be a kid! :(”… age 12, Ohio

“I"m obseesed with it almost never happens even this yr I'm cutting myself off from any thing "social" after school cuz here colleges look ALL the way back to the 8th grade...grrr... I HAVE to study and I HAVE to get STRAIGHT 'A's”… age 13, Oklahoma

Posted by Denise Restauri

1 comment:

niamh m shortt said...

having been one of those obsessed with being the best in school... let me say this

take a second to make sure that you're not leainvg yourSelf behind in the race to attend college. more important is your ability to be happy with yourself and reach Your fullest potential.

who are you doing it for? it's not your responsibility to live out someone else's dream. find your own. because when they're gone you're left with yourself and you've got to like who you're left with.