Thursday, July 19, 2007

Strangers in Need. Tween Girls Vote.


The AllyKatzz tween girls start off saying, “This is realy hard. I want to pick all of them." But forced to make a choice, here's what they say:

"It would be great 4 every choice. But I think sending a card 2 the older people in the nursing home is SUPER important becuz sick chldren get cards from family and friends as well as soldiers. The majority of people in Nursing Homes have no family at all. I am not kidding! It really brightens up their day and wouldnt u like 2 brighten up some1s day that has left the world 2 u like it is now? Old people r full of MANY things 2 tell. Their knowledge just goes 2 waste if no1 takes the time 2 hear about it. So I actually encourage u 2 make a card 4 some1 in the nursing home. I guarentee theyll brag about it 2 all the nurses, and keep it up in their room before they die."


"I think all of the above shud have been a choice! But I chose Soliders in Iraq! They carry the fear of dying everyday with them!"

"I said homeless cause I don't think they get enough attention and enough help... There life is really hard!"


"I think sick kids because i feel for them. poor things in the hospital laying there helplessly hoping Gods gonna help them."

Posted by Denise Restauri

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments about sending cards to nursing home residents and taking the time to learn their stories. I am a local ombudsman and a performer who spends hundreds of hours in facilities. I am trying to foster intergenerational initiatives that would make younger people more aware of our eldest and want to seek them out to learn about them while learning important life lessons along the way. Would love to have a conversation with you.

Anthony Cirillo, FACHE, ABC
www.anthonyssong.com
anthony@anthonyssong.com