Friday, May 25, 2007

TOP BOOK PICKS FOR THIS WEEK




This week's AllyKatzz Book Club Review - what tween girls are reading and loving NOW. Definitely great reads for this holiday weekend. For more of their top picks, check out last week's review below- May 18 posting.

Sharon Creech. Review by “punkrockrules” age 11, NY
Sharon Creech is one of the best authors out there!She has inspired me so much!If you havent read any of her books i suggest you read them.SOME of her books are: Walk Two Moons (which i loved),The Wanderer (which i loved too),Love That Dog (it was sweet and nice), Totally Normal Chaos (which was pretty good,though it has mature content),Pleasing The Ghost (which was a nice and interesting book) and TONS more!check your library or bookstore for some of her books!You will LOVE them!Write back and tell me what are YOUR favorite books and authors and what you think about Sharon Creech!

The Westing Game. Review by “mileyfan95” age 12, California
I just finished a gr8 book called The Westing Game! It was like, the best mystery book I hav ever read! This is what it said on the back: (A bizzare chain of events begins when sixteen unlikely people gather for the reading of Samual W. Westing's will. And although no one knows why the eccentric, game loving millionaire has chosen a virtual stranger-and a possible murderer-to inherit his vast fortune, one thing's for sure: Sam Westing may be dead....but that won't stop him from playing one last game!) So, if u think this book sounds interesting, plz plz plz let me no cuz if I think enuf ppl like it, then I will start posting the chapters. Trust me, this book is vey unexpectable so evry time u read a chapter, make sure u let me no who u think is the murderer!!!

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Review by “cheerygirl” age 10, Florida
Its a wonderful stry thats about a girl who moves fro new york to new jersey and has to make new friends and i give this book a two thumbs up.

Uglies. Review by “its_me!” age 13, Colorado
my FAVORITE books in the HISTORY of the WORLD are Uglies, Pretties, and Specials by Scott Westerfeld. they are a trilogy and they are FANTASTIC!!! i highly reccomend them.

More Uglies: "I started reading the Uglies. It is totally the BEST book ever. I finished reading it and started the 2nd book called the Pretties. They also have a third book which is called the Specials. When I read the books, I can't stop. Uglies is about a girl who lives in Uglieville and when the people there turn 16, the get an operation that makes them pretty and they get to party all the time! I'd tell the whole story but I don't want to give anything away... "Review by Balerina, age 12, Utah

No comments: