Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good Day Paris!!!! I Said Good Day!!!


I'll be on ABC News Now today... "In The Newsroom"... 3pm EDT... to talk about what tween girls are saying and thinking about Paris NOW!

Here's the Paris Hilton pulse-check of the AllyKatzz.com tween girl community:

Girls are tired of celebrity lies:
“PARIS BROKE THE LAW???!!! HOW CAN PEOPLE PAY MONEY TO TALK TO A CELEBRITY WHO BROKE THE LAW!!!!! IT'S JUST STUPID!!! SHE'S GONNA BE LIKE "OH, IT WAS UNFAIR OF THEM TO PUT ME IN JAIL..... I NEVER WILL GO BACK...." AND THEY'RE PAYING BIG BUCKS TO LISTEN TO HER LIE???????” … age 10, Hawaii

Paris should pay to be interviewed! And all monies go to charity.
“this is so stupid! who cares about a famous rich brat who takes advantage of everything? i think this is insane! who wud pay her for an interview?! especially when she already has LOADS of money! the people who REALLY need money r the homeless, people with diseases, the elderly, and other charities…. if anything, they shud be TAKING money from her!”... age 13, West Virginia

How outraged are the girls? Enough to keep their families from watching the interview? The Girls Vote:
• I vote to LET my family watch the TV Interview – 40%
• I vote to NOT let my family watch the TV interview – 60%

Why are they so outraged, but still wiling to watch?
They are a part of our celeb obsessed society… the good, the bad and the tears:

"i think i want to see her cry after wat all she has done so im watching it!!!!!"

"I said yes causeI want to see how pathetic she is!!"

Important Note: the girls who are responding aren’t mean girls… but Paris’ behavior makes them think mean thoughts because it’s the only way they can feel like the world is fair. Plus, Paris disappointed them.

How do they feel about the Larry King Interview?
Here’s what a 12-year-old girl from Connecticut says:
“… Larry King is AWESOME! I'm so glad he's not paying her! Thats a sighn that he doesn't support her so hopefully he'll make her say the truth. I think He wants to show the real paris not just what the press wants us to see. So I'll watch that.”

How do girls feel about the products that Paris endorses? Companies should be really concerned about this question because Tweens spend $51B annually and have considerable sway over another $170B annually spent on them by parents and family. Tween girls made the High School Musical soundtrack this year’s top-selling compact disc.

We asked: Will girls buy products that Paris Hilton endorses?
The girls responded:
• No way! I won’t buy anything Paris endorses – 48%
• I buy products I love – doesn’t matter to me if Paris endorses them - 49%
• Yes – I want stuff that Paris Likes – 3%

What about Hilton Hotels? Do girls connect the Hilton dots?
from a 15-year-old girl from Ohio: “…i don't want to stay at Hilton Hotels!! If she [Paris] were nicer, i would know her dad - the owner - raised her well”

from a 13-year-old girl from Alabama who is NOT a Paris fan: “… I lyk soft beds and maid service as much next person. I just don't lyk the daughter of the owner.”

What TIPS do tween girls have for Paris?
1. Start a charity or start giving BIG time to a charity.
2. Walk the talk : “…WHAT SHE NEEDS TO DO IS GO GET A JOB AT WAL-MART!!!! AND HER PARENTS NEED TO TAKE AWAY ALL OF HER FANCY STUFF, AND MAKE HER GET A JOB AT WAL-MART!!! THAT IS WHAT I THINK!! SHE NEEDS TO GO GET A MAJOR WAKE UP CALL, AND START ACTING LIKE SHE HAS SOME SENSE!!!! GOOD DAY PARIS! I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!” age 11, Georgia

For more about what tween girls are thinking and saying about Paris... watch ABC News Now!

Posted by Denise Restauri

No comments: