Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tween Girls -Drugs and Drinking



Back to school… peer pressure… drinking and drugs.

We asked the AllyKatzz girls: Do kids at your school do drugs or drink alcohol?
42% say YES.
20% say NO.
36% don't know.

Here’s what they're talking about:

From a 12 year-old girl from California:
“none of my fiends have done drugs or aything my two of my friends get drunk a lot. its really uncomfortable. one new year they drank a whole bottle of champaigne AND WE ARE ONLY 13!!!!!!!! my mom let me have a couple sips but i would always say no thanks cuz champaigne tastes gross. but yea i have two friends who get drunk a lot like i mean a lot!!!!!”

A 13 year-old girl from Michigan:

“i know some people that drink, and i know a lot of kids at my school that take drugs."

A 13 year-old girl from Delaware:
“I have never tryed drugs but I know people who have done them some were my friends but I am not going to make the mistakes they made trust me.”

It's scary and sad... but it's their reality. More about drugs and drinking tomorrow.

Posted by Denise Restauri

No comments: