Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Tween Girls Want R-E-S-P-E-C-T


Tween girls want respect! But where are they getting their strength to fight for the respect they deserve? In this blog, a 14-year-old girl from Illinois is finding strength in the words from the song U+Ur Hand by Pink. The words are strong. But wait! You have to check out the music video... talk about mixed messages. And we wonder why our tween girls -and boys- are so confused. The blog from AllyKatzz:

"You know what i just realized how hard it is to have a MEANINGFUL relationship with a guy all they care about is being able to tell all their friends that their going out with the prettiest girl or the most popular girl. Like the other day i went to the movies with my friends and the three of us had to go get popcorn so we needed someone to save our seats so i turned around and asked the guy right behind us to save our seats he looked down at my chest (i was wearing a very low-cut shirt) and then he says yes! Then the other day my friends and i were having a water fight in my friends yard and these guys we knew came over and started to pour water on us (we were totally ok with that it was fun with them there) but then one guy says raise your hand if your wearing a white t-shirt! none of us raised our hands. Da** why don't girls wear white shirts anymore! you do the math white shirts + water= see through!!! At this time I am listening to P!nk U+Ur hand it goes - I'm not here for your entertainment you don't really want mess with me tonight just stop and take a second I was fine before you walked into my life. I wish us girls were respected a little more by guys! Well i'm working on it! "

No comments: