Friday, June 8, 2007

This Week's TWEEN GIRL Book Review


Straight from their AllyKatzz.com blogs:

A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
I love this book. It's about a girl named Mia Winchell who has synesthesia, which means that she can see colors, more like blobs of difrent colors. Like for her she can see colors from words, and letters. Unlike ppl who don't see them. She try's to keep her secret when someone finds out and tells the whole 8th grade, then she is coverd in questions about her colors. I would give this book 2 paws up!! I really couln't put it down!! (2 paws up is highest AllyKatzz rating!) Review by 11-year-old girl from CA

Best Books EVR
2 of the best books i evr read: 1) The Wanderer (By: Sharon Creech) 2) Absolutely Normal Chaos (By: Sharon Creech). Review by 10-year-old girl from Minnesota

The Best Book I Have Ever Read!!
Uglies and Pretties!
I read the Uglies and the Pretties and I love them! They are awesome books! They are my favorite. I love the whole storyline, its so creative. The whole book only took me a few days to read! I cant wait until I read the Specials! Review by 13-year-old girl from Michigan

A 12-year-old girl from Canada beat her to it…
The Best Book I Have Ever Reasd Is Definitly SPECIALS BY SCOTT WESTERFELD!! I LOVED IT!! It made me laugh it made me cry [escpecially wen _____ died :'( ] I would rate it a 500000000000000000000000/10 and recomend it to everyone!

New Book Alert!
The sequel to WIcked has come out! It is titled "Son of a Witch". Clever play on words, huh? Review by 14-year-old from CA

THE TITAN'S CURSE = BEST BOOK EVER!!!!
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan is the best book ever! i read it in less than 3 hours, and it has more than 300 pages! The whole series of Percy Jackson and the Olypians is an awesome series, even if your not into greek mythology! but greek mythology is wicked awesome! i recommend the other 2 books b4 titan's curse too! The Lightning Thief and The Sea of Monsters!!! Review by 11-year-old girl from RI

Whose Read The Christy Miller Series?!?!?!
Well! I have to say ! Robin Jones Gunn is one heck of an author!!!!!! Her Christy Miller books rock! I recommend them for ages of 9-16!!! Read them,you'll fall in love!!! I'll read you the thing on the back of book 1:::"Summer Promise-14-year-old Christy Miller has the dream Summer ahead of her in sunkist California, staying with her aunt and uncle in their beachfront home. Aunt Marti loves to shop, and those curfers are cute- especially Todd. Christy promised her parents she wouldn't do anything that she would regret later, and some of her beach friends are a little wild. But Todd and his "God-Lover" friends are giving Christy a new image of all things eternal. Can this summer live up to it's promises?" This is a Christian book, and I am a Christian....it makes you think of being a Christian in a totally new way! Review by 10-year-old girl from Tennessee

Happily After All
This is an awesome book! It's called Happily After All. It's great, although I can't remember what the author's name was. It's a great book about this girl who's dad is a great guy and all, and then her dad dies. Which is sad, of course. Well, after her father's death, she finds out he might not have been perfect after all. It's pretty interesting, and a definit must-read!
Review by 10-year-old girl from Indiana

The Sisters Club
This book is kinda for 5th graders, but I still love it! It's about 3 sisters (Joey, Stevie, Alex) who make a club with just them. A lot of cute and funny things happen, like Joey and Stevie TRYING to make family dinner, and the oldest sister Alex trying to be Beauty in her school's Beauty and the Beast play and impress a boy (Scott Howell, but as her little sisters call him, Scott Towel). Even though it's for younger kids, it's still one of my fav books. Review by 12-year-old girl from Oregon

No comments: