Friday, June 1, 2007

Tween Girls' 2 PAWS UP Book List

AllyKatzz girls are blogging about these books THIS WEEK...

The Cat Ate My Gymsuit. A Gotta Read!!! Marcy Lewis hates school,her father is a tyrant,and she despairs of ever being thin. Then along comes Ms.Finney,an English teacher who's willing to try anything in the classroom and who treats the kids like human beings.Marcy has never met anyone like her. Suddenly,life has a new meaning…" (Reviewer: age 11)

Diary of a teenage Girl. O/k if you are looking for a Christian, but teen life story you need to check out The diary of a teenage girl. By Melody Carlson. I recently found out it is a series. I bought the second book for my bff. I read it then my bff read it then my other friend read it. i think we payed an overdue charge at the library.It is a must read. i promise. (Reviewer: age 12)

Angels and Demons... its soooo good. Only thing is you its about religion vs. science so if you r very religious i suggest not reading it. (Reviewer: age 14)

The Clique. It's such a good book. It's about four girls. Massie, Alicia, Dylan, and Kristen. Massie is the alpha. She has a perfect life, until Claire Lyons moves in. She's totally screwing up Massie and her friends. In the 3rd book, Claire is finally "in." Then in the 5th book, Massie, Alicia, and Claire go to Hollywood. Claire gets the part of a loser. Well, why am I telling you this...go read the book yourself! (Reviewer: age 13)

the BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER READ (and i read a lot) is the 1-800-WHERE-R-YOU series by Meg Cabot. there r 5 books and they r sooooooooo good. its about a girl named jess who gets struck by lightning and gets physcic powers 2 find missing ppl. its really cool. it may sound child-ish and stupid, but its not. i would suggest not reading it if ur under 12 years old or dont like books that r a little scary. they r soooooo amazing i read each 1 in like 4 days!!!! i even passed them on to 2 of my friends who also LUVED them. (Reviewer: age 12)

Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster boy is a really good book!!! ...it's about a Boy named Turner Buckminster who becomes friends with a girl named Lizzie...though they are forbbidden 2 see each other. I give this book 2 paws up!!! (Reviewer: age 10)

Posted by Denise Restauri

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fairy Dust Tales is a awesome book. I have been into fairies since I was a little girl. The book is about a 12 year old girl who is new to town and struggles with fitting in. I can relate to the character because I was the new kid in town last year. I give this book TWO PAWS UP! The book can be found at www.fairydusttales.com